I did it every day, and I liked it, a lot. It was a 13 day series, though, and now it’s over, which is sad. Jo Anna offers guided meditations like this in her virtual salon, but finances are tight around here just at the moment, so that’s right out.
So I made a deal with a friend to trade meditations and playlists. If you’d like to dance along to the first meditation I made, here’s the Spotify playlist. If you listened to Jo Anna’s video, you understand that the playlist is to be used with a list of questions for contemplation during the pauses and as you dance. So here are the questions for this playlist:
- Song 1: What is your body hungry for? What does your body long for and desire? What does your body want?
- Song 2: What would wake your body up? What would make it feel alive, invigorated, excited, thrilled?
- Song 3: What is holding your body back? What frustrates your body, makes it feel hurt, restricted, deprived, shamed? Where do these restrictions come from?
- Song 4: What comforts your body? What would make your body feel relaxed, warm, open, nurtured?
- Bonus question for the final pause: What do you want to take with you from this meditation today? What seed are you planting?
If you enjoy dancing, you’ll probably enjoy this practice. If you try it, I’d love to hear about it, and if you want to join in the trade, make me a playlist with meditation questions and I’ll make one for you!